Digital Room Coordinators
We are also looking for part-time Digital Room Coordinators for our permanent Digital Mi'kmaq Maker Labs throughout Nova Scotia. This is a part-time $20/hr position averaging 10-12 hrs/wk.
These programs will run on Saturdays and encompass various areas such as, animation, computer science, engineering, big data, short film making, robotics and artificial intelligence. These STEM-focused programs will operate out of our new fully resourced on Reserve Digital Maker Labs across Nova Scotia.
Responsibilities For These Roles Include:
• Participating in the Digital Mi’kmaq training sessions on the room’s management. Maintaining daily records on the resources in the room.
• Maintaining a strong attention to detail and commitment to excellence to ensure students on a daily basis have great learning experiences.
• Ensuring daily, that all the Maker Lab resources are operational for educators and subject experts coming in to deliver programs. Simple things such as ensuring all 25 laptops are charged and ready to go, and other procedures at the start and close of a day are followed.
• Managing student and community communications and inquiries consistently and well to ensure that the Maker Labs are happy, dynamic rooms and the needs for the delivery of our qualitative programs remain intact.
• Inputting data and surveys in areas that capture the number of students utilizing the rooms and the feedback/interest of the programs being delivered.
• Working well with others and pitching in to support educators as needed in the room’s facilitation.
• Helping with the team members to organize from a community basis quarterly events and guest visits.
• You have a G Class Drivers License and your own vehicle.
• You will complete a criminal check prior to being hired.
• You care deeply about the quality of your role delivering excellence to Mi’kmaq children and youth.
• You are comfortable working with technology in a creative learning environment.
• You enjoy and have experience working with youth.
• You get along well with others and offer strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• You can troubleshoot when the need arises and take a proactive approach to problem solving.
• You bring solid organizational skills.
• You are respectful, culturally aware, honest and reliable.
If you are interested in joining the Digital Mi’kmaq team, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.